Get ready for the premier bot creation board game tournament of the year!
Here’s the plan: A bunch of people make a bot to play the board game Camel Up. Then in a battle of wits we get together and pit our bots against one another. The winner will get a trophy. This is somewhat similar to Halite except way less competitive and no one will get a job as a result
The game itself:
– The game is called CamelUp. I own a copy and can lend it out to try. There is also a copy at Cafe Mox in Ballard and maybe one at RayGun in Cap Hill
– How to play: this video does a pretty good job of explaining how to play the game. Its five minutes
– We will playing the game with four players (bots) in each round. Player ordering and stuff will be figured out later. Only points will be awarded to the winning player
The bot details:
– We are using Python 3.x
– Your bot will be a function that I will pass the player number and gamestate to. Using that you should return your action
– I may be patching the game leading up to the event. It should just be for bugs / things I’ve missed. Hopefully nothing crazy though. Let me know if you something
Please invite anyone! Teams are cool! Reach out with questions.